Who Is Jefferson Capital Systems?
Jefferson Capital Systems LLC, headquartered in Saint Cloud, Minnesota, is a debt collecting agency. Jefferson Capital, which was founded in 1999, acquires debt accounts from original creditors and subsequently collects payments from the original debtor. If this collector has bought your account, the name “jeffcapsys” or “jeffersncp” may show on your credit report.
Is Jefferson Capital Systems Legit or a Scam?
Scammers sometimes use debt collection as a ruse to obtain money from unsuspecting customers. The following are important red indicators of a phony debt collector:
- Trying to collect on a debt you don’t recognize
- Intimidation methods are used to intimidate you into making a quick payment.
- Refusal to give contact information such as a phone number or postal address
- Requesting sensitive information about your financial or personal accounts
Yes, there are other collecting agency frauds out there, but Jefferson Capital is a real debt collecting firm. Debt collectors, on the other hand, have been known to utilize dubious collection techniques similar to those used by fraudsters. If Jefferson Capital’s collection practices are unfair, threatening, or unethical, you have the right to sue for breach of your fair debt collection rights.
You Are Safe from Debt Collection Harassment.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) protects customers from debt collectors who use unethical and abusive collection practices. You have the following reasonable debt collection rights:
- Debt collection organizations are not permitted to contact the customer if it is known that the consumer is represented by an attorney in the case of the debt.
- The collector may be requested to validate a consumer’s
- debt. The collector is unable to reach the customer throughout the validation period (typically 30 days).
- Debt collectors are restricted in their ability to contact customers. They are not permitted to phone before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m., nor are they permitted to call constantly with the goal of irritating or harassing the customer into making payments.
- Debt collectors are also prohibited from contacting a customer at work if the collector is aware that the company prohibits such calls.
- Collection companies are not permitted to employ abusive techniques such as profanity or threatening arrest or legal action with no intention of following through.
The Jefferson Capital Systems BBB webpage is filled with complaints from customers who have been violated by the Jefferson collection agency. You have the legal right to sue if your rights have been infringed.
Additionally to the FDCPA’s contact prohibitions, Jefferson Capital Systems is prohibited from calling you via an autodialer or prerecorded message. According to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), businesses are prohibited from calling or texting your mobile phone without your previous written agreement. Additionally, collection agencies and creditors may contact or text your mobile phone only if they physically dialed or typed the number or message. If you believe Jefferson Capital Systems has violated your TCPA rights, please notify us immediately. A single TCPA settlement in Jefferson might cost between $500 and $1500 per infraction.
Is JCF Bringing a Lawsuit Against You?
If you have gotten a notification that Jefferson Capital Systems is suing you, be certain that the action is legal. Debt collectors cannot threaten to sue or garnish wages if they do not intend to follow through, according to the FDCPA.
How to File a Lawsuit Against Jefferson Capital Systems
For far too long, debt collectors have taken advantage of unsuspecting customers. Don’t let your Jefferson Capital Systems grievances go unnoticed. Contact the credit repair specialists at Credit Cadabra. immediately for free credit repair advice. Call us right now at 1-323-432-0849 to find out how to submit a Jefferson Capital Systems complaint.