Netspend is a well-known distributor of prepaid debit cards for both personal and business usage. You may use a Netspend Prepaid Debit Card to make purchases in shops, over the phone, and online.
If you just acquired a new NetSpend Card, you must first activate it before using it.
How to Activate NetSpend Card Online
Your NetSpend Visa card will be sent to you within seven to ten business days after placing your purchase. Instructions for activation have been sent to you.
- Visit NetSpend.com/activate and click the “Activate Card” symbol in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- After the website has loaded, enter your card number and the security code that came with your card.
- When you click “Continue,” you will get confirmation that your card has been authorized.
How to Activate NetSpend on the Phone
- NetSpend customer service may be reached via netspend.com/activate.
- Tell the customer support contact your card number, security code, and any other information that would help them verify your identity.
- Your card will be ready for use as soon as the representative activates it.
How to Apply for a NetSpend Visa Card Online
- Go to www.netspend.com and click the “Sign Up Now” button.
- After the online application has loaded, enter your personal information in each data field as directed.
- Select on the card of your choosing, and then click “Review the Fees Associated With Your Prepaid Card” before clicking “Get My Card.”
Can I Activate a Netspend Card Without SSN?
Netspend accepts Visa and Mastercard prepaid debit cards. Netspend does not need a credit check and there is no requirement to maintain a minimum balance on the card. A Social Security number is required to activate a Netspend prepaid card (SSN). Without a Social Security number (SSN), you can only activate a Netspend card if you give another legal identity number, such as an Alien Registration Number. Netspend customer care employees refused to explain whether or whether it is feasible to activate a Netspend prepaid card without giving a Social Security number or legal identity number, either by phone or by email.
“Why does Netspend need my SNN?” you may ask. To activate a card for identity verification purposes, you must give a government-issued identification number, according to Netspend’s terms and conditions. Federal anti-terrorism measures, as well as insurance rules, demand identity verification. This procedure also assists Netspend in protecting your account from fraud. You will also be required to provide your driver’s license number as well as other personal details. If your identification is only partly validated, you will be unable to use the card fully.
To activate your Netspend prepaid card, just follow these steps:
- Step 1: Navigate to Netspend.com and click the “Activate Card” button in the upper right corner of the webpage.
- Step 2: Enter the number on the front of your card as well as the three-digit security code on the back.
- Step 3: Enter the necessary identifying information to establish an account, including a government-issued identity number. Your card will be activated and available to use after you have registered an account.
If you enjoyed reading this post, check out our related articles: