- If you have been trying to repair your credit but is struggling to find an affordable way to improve your score a secured credit card might be what you’re looking for.
- There are many ways to raise your credit score and one of the fastest and most inexpensive ways to repair your credit is a secured credit card.
- A secured credit card is a credit card that you typically open with an initial deposit ranging from $100 to $300 but we often see $200 starting limits. There are many benefits that a secured credit card provides that advantages in your credit repair journey.
Credit Card Utilization
- The first benefit you would receive from opening a secured credit card would be the lower credit card utilization score your credit would have. Since your balance would be 0 and your limit would be your previous deposit it will give you a credit card utilization percentage.
- You will want your credit card utilization under 30% we recommend only charging $5 to your new secured or unsecured credit card and paying half ($2.50) 15 days prior to your due date and the other half ($2.50) on your due date.
- This will cause your payment to post twice on the same month and will double the amount of points you will receive. Without a doubt this is one of the fastest ways to increase your credit score and maintain it.
- Once you start maintain a positive credit card utilization history with your secured credit card your lender will switch your card for secured to unsecured.
- After your secured card has been closed your unsecured card will replace it. Your lender will also return the initial deposit you made to obtain your unsecured card this typically takes place around 4-8 months after opening your secured credit card, also utilizing our $5 tip will ensure you gain your deposit and increase as soon as possible.
- The best part of this conversion is lenders will typically give your new unsecured credit card a balance around $1200. With your new credit limit increase your credit card utilization score will improve because you have access to more funds which would further increase the effect of our $5 tip.
- A secured credit card can create the bridge to begin your credit repair journey. Even if you have a good credit score utilizing our $5 tip can improve your credit score in-fact you can split any payment on any credit card to gain double points!
- We have found that majority of the people struggling with bad credit already has the tools to improve their credit score they just don’t know how to utilize them.
- If you feel you also share this problem we are always available to provide transparency in all of your credit needs please contact us at anytime and good luck on your credit repair journey!